Synergy is free and open source software for sharing one mouse and keyboard between multiple computers on your desk. It works on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux allowing you to seamlessly move your mouse cursor between computers. Synergy is an open source community project sponsored by Synergy SI, Inc. with development led by Nick Bolton.
Download Synergy (free to download community edition)
Share your mouse and keyboard between multiple computers on your desk.
- Seamlessly move your mouse to any computer and start typing.
- Works on all major operating systems (Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux).
- Share your clipboard (copy and paste) between your computers.
- Drag and drop files from one computer to another (Premium).
- Encryption keeps sensitive data safe on public networks.
- Save space on your desktop by using one keyboard and mouse.
- Network-based (IP) software KVM switch (non-video).
- An alternative to a keyboard/mouse USB switch.
- Useful for multiboxing (WoW and other games).
- Easily turn your old laptop or desktop PC into a second screen.
- Avoid needing VNC for computers close by.
- Make use of your Raspberry Pi on your desktop.
Synergy Enterprise: Supported, stable and reliable
Synergy Enterprise is our professional version based on Synergy (this project). The code base for Synergy Enterprise is forked from the community version of Synergy and is developed by us. The difference is that we carefully improve and specialize our enterprise version based on enterprise customer feedback. At every release we thoroughly test our enterprise version to make sure that no bugs are reintroduced (regression testing), giving you higher confidence when upgrading.